Total Pageviews

Monday, February 27, 2012

Turning an inboard into a outboard

I am working on a new boat I bought at auction, it is a 21 ft. Grady White cuddy cabin. The engine is a Mercury in line six. The engine was locked up and rusted on the inside and the transom is weak My plan to take the engine out and rebuilt the transom. I know that this is a big job, but if I can complete it I will have a good boat with a new design. I believe that if I replace the inboard with a 90-95 hp outboard engine it should work well to push the boat in the water. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I plan to start work on the cuddy cabin. I will post pictures of taking out the engine and work on replacing the rotten transom. Hope to start work soon. check back of pictures and description of the work. thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment